Photo Credit: Bob’s Watches
Bob’s Watches is the largest buyers of pre-owned and vintage Rolex watches. Each month they acquire a dozen or so rare and highly collectible vintage Rolex watches. By having their own in-house technology platform, they offer these watches daily or weekly. It seems the old auction houses that have been around for hundreds of years run a watch auction only 2-3 times per year. So getting your watch sold and paid for can take months. I was advised that Bob’s Watches can turn these transactions around and get the consumer paid in less than 3 weeks.
They shared with us the results of their most recent auction and its quite astonishing. The exclusive auction showcased a pair of “fresh-to-market” Rolex Daytona watches that were unpolished and in their original condition, and each representing a different complementary side of the reference 6263, one of the most iconic and important Rolex models ever created.
- Both watches sold for over their reserve prices to two different bidders.
- Overall, the auction was very successful and Bob’s Watches will continue to put these on as long as we continue to receive such tremendous interest
- There were 31 individual bids on the steel Daytona and 26 bids on the gold Daytona.
- There were a total of 18 bidders on the steel Daytona and 20 bidders on the gold Daytona.
- Gold Daytona sold for $80,000
- Steel Daytona sold for $74,200
- There were a total of 800 folks who registered for the auction from 9 different countries.
“We are very happy with the overall results and thank everyone who participated. Our goal here at Bob’s Watches has always been to bring value and uncompromised quality to the marketplace for pre-owned and vintage watches. Unlike the major auction houses who charge a 25% buyers commission, there are none with us. What you bid is what you pay. And I think that really resonates with our audience.”